Blog "Commence" Baking: It's Graduation Season!
No more pencils, no more books, no more teachers' dirty looks! Congratulations to all the graduates this year, from preschool, grade school, high school, college, and beyond. As scholars across the country begin the next phase of their lives, we'd like to celebrate their achievements with yummy cookies! There is endless inspiration across Pinterest, Instagram, and Etsy; based on those ideas, in addition to some of our own, here are our Top 5 ways to decorate cookies for this graduation season.
This one is ideal for a younger grad, but for an older grad, it could be "School's Out Forever!"- depending on the grad's thoughts about his or her future, of course.
Cookie cutters to use for this:
Your Future is Bright
The future's so bright you've gotta wear shades! Use shapes like Sunglasses, Sun, and Stars to complete this theme platter. Use a lot of bright hues- gold, yellow, red, and orange- and add a touch of shimmer decoration for an extra-special treat.
One Smart Cookie
Celebrate a "smart cookie" with some actual cookies! The Painted Pastry has a really cool design for this saying, here.
Design suggestions for this theme:
- Make an outline of a lightbulb or book
- Draw a Face w/ glasses and/or Bow Tie (which could also double as a "hair tie" for a feminine cookie)
Use a thumbs up shape for: We "Like" that you're graduating (Facebook "like") or "Thumbs Up, Grad!"
"The tassel is worth the hassle"
Older graduates, especially, will get a kick out of this one! Decorate Graduation Cap cookies with these words. Frost them with the grad's former or new school colors. Bonus points if you make a "tassel" to attach to each cookie! (One idea: use shoestring licorice)
Other Miscellaneous Ideas
- A Little Black Dress cookie cutter could be used for a female grad
- A collegiate or older grad (ages 21+) might enjoy an adult beverage theme, with a simple phrase like "Here's to you!" or "Cheers!" Margarita glass-shaped cookies could be decorated with or without salted rims.
- Older graduates, especially, will get a kick out of this one! Decorate Graduation Cap cookies with these words. Frost them with the grad's former or new school colors. Bonus points if you make a "tassel" to attach to each cookie! (One idea: use shoestring licorice)
- Use letter cookie cutters to spell the graduate's name or just his/her initials, or the name of the school that the grad will be attending.
We salute all graduates and wish you the best in your future endeavors. The sky's the limit!