Starry Fruit Salad
Description: The scraps of fruit left over from cutting the star shapes can be added to the salad. If you like, use yellow watermelon in place of the pineapple.
- 2/3 cups Sugar
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Finely Grated Lime Zest
- 1 Small, Seedless Watermelon (5 to 7 pounds)
- 1 Large Pineapple, Skin Removed
- 1 1/2 cup Blueberries
- 2 Carambolas (Star Fruit), Sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thinly Sliced Mint Leaves
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Total Time: 30 minutes.
Whisk together in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat:
Continue simmering until reduced to about 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in:
Set aside to cool. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and cut with a star cookie cutter:
Arrange melon and pineapple slices on individual plates and add:
Carambolas (Star Fruit), Sliced
Drizzle each plate of fruit with lime syrup and sprinkle salad with:
Serve and enjoy!